Urgent: SwiftMQ JMS hanged on HP UX (Itanium)!!!

SL

Urgent: SwiftMQ JMS hanged on HP UX (Itanium)!!!

SL
Hi,
We are using SwiftMQ 5.1.0 with Java 1.4.2 on HP UX platform (Itanium), and encountered below problem:

We observed in warning.log it had this message:

2006-08-22 20:08:23.121/[BlockingTCPListener, swiftlet=sys$jms,
port=7900]/Listener/WARNING//unable to perform 'socket.s
etReceiveBufferSize(131072)', exception: java.net.SocketException: ˆø‚«”‚ª“K“–‚Å
‚Í‚ ‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB
2006-08-22 20:08:23.122/[BlockingTCPListener, swiftlet=sys$jms,
port=7900]/Listener/WARNING/Exception, EXITING: java.net
.SocketException: ˆø‚«”‚ª“K“–‚Å‚Í‚ ‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB

And the Japanese character means "parameter is not correct". And after that the new connection to JMS hanged, and there was not info logged.

As this occured on our production server, would really appreciate if anybody can reply this message promptly, and share with me your insight and solution.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Re: Urgent: SwiftMQ JMS hanged on HP UX (Itanium)!!!

The first warning entry states that it's not possible to set the tcp receive buffer size to 128 KB. I don't know where the 2nd entry comes from.

I remember such kind of warnings in the past and I'm quite sure it was either JDK related or OS/TCP setting related. Therefore I recommend to upgrade the JDK to the latest possible on HP UX and/or check the ulimit settings for max TCP send/receive buffers on that machine.

You can also try to reduce the router input/output buffers of the JMS listener on port 7900. Add the following attributes:

<listener name="plainsocket" port="7900" router-input-buffer-size="65536" router-output-buffer-size="65536">

The router must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
SL

Re: Urgent: SwiftMQ JMS hanged on HP UX (Itanium)!!!

SL
Thanks for the prompt reply! And do you still rember when such "buffer" exception occurs, does it also cause the connection hanging issue?

Re: Urgent: SwiftMQ JMS hanged on HP UX (Itanium)!!!

I don't know. It could also be that you ran into this bug, fixed in 5.2.5. The cleanest way is to upgrade the router to the lastest SwiftMQ release 6.1.0 and use the latest JDK available for HP UX. We don't have any issues with 6.1.0.