Trouble with Router Hanging

nmarshall23
I am trying to run the example scripts. When I start the first router ./smqr1 it seems to work fine. However, I can not get the command line interface to connect to it. It hangs with Trying to connect ... and never does anything.

How would I have the router display debugging information?

I know that the problem is with my machine, I can connect to other router networks on other machines.

Re: Trouble with Router Hanging

This may happen if the name of your localhost resolves to a wrong name. You may have a look at your /etc/hosts file.

CLI connects as a JMS client. Such a connect has 2 steps:

1) Connect to JNDI (with the URL) and lookup the connection factory (e.g. plainsocket@router1)
2) Use the hostname stored in the connection factory to do the actual JMS connect

I guess step 2) doesn't work because of a wrong hostname. More background is here.

Debug can be enabled by adding ";debug=true" to the JNDI URL and -Dswiftmq.reconnect.debug=true as a system property.

You may also use the cliamqp or exploreramqp scripts. They connect via AMQP 1.0 which is direct instead of using JNDI.

Re: Trouble with Router Hanging

nmarshall23
Thank you, after I explicitly set the hostname everything works.

FYI, both Ubuntu 13.10, and Ubuntu 13.04 had this trouble.