Swiftmq amqp client download location

uvaraj
Where can I download the swiftmq amqp client for JDK/JRE 1.4
Please share me the download link. we have a device where it supports java version 1.4.
So i require a swiftmq client for 1.4.

Re: Swiftmq amqp client download location

The client requires 1.5 or higher. It is available from our website.

Re: Swiftmq amqp client download location

uvaraj
Thanks for your response.
So no way to get the client compatible for 1.4? Why I am asking this again, as i mentioned earlier we have an embedded device which supports 1.4 or lesser. We cannot upgrade our box to 1.5 version due to some constraints. If you could suggest me some means to get the software compiled for 1.4 would be grateful.

Re: Swiftmq amqp client download location

This is not possible as the client depends on many libs that require 1.5 or later.

Re: Swiftmq amqp client download location

uvaraj
I tried to run the swiftmq client (version 9_7_1) in a machine having JVM (oracle corporation 1.5.0.34.29.1)
It crashes when my class create object for it.

Could you please confirm whether swiftmq 9.7.1 is compatible with java 1.5 or if any of the files in it having higher major version?

I noticed, classes inside amqp.jar has the class file version as,
The class file version is 50.0 (only 45.3, 46.0 and 47.0 are supported)

In order to support 1.5 the class file version has to be 49.

We made all effort to upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5 and still we couldn't achieve our goal.

Could you please share us amqp.jar compatible with 1.5.0

Re: Swiftmq amqp client download location

Can you post the exception you got?

Re: Swiftmq amqp client download location

uvaraj
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
 at com.tridium.sys.module.ModuleClassLoader.defineExtClass(ModuleClassLoader.java)
 at com.tridium.sys.module.ModuleExtClassLoader.nfind(ModuleExtClassLoader.java)
 at com.tridium.sys.module.ModuleClassLoader.nfind(ModuleClassLoader.java)
 at com.tridium.sys.module.ModuleClassLoader.nload(ModuleClassLoader.java)
 at com.tridium.sys.module.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java)
 at com.tridium.sys.module.NModule.loadClass(NModule.java)

Re: Swiftmq amqp client download location

uvaraj
classes of amqp.jar are compiled to a version(1.6) higher than the version(1.5) required for a supported JVM version.
The JRE 1.5.X version requires the 1.5 complaint byte code.
Is there any possibilities that i get JRE 1.5 complaint files? any help is appreciated.

Re: Swiftmq amqp client download location

amqp.jar is compiled with source="1.5" and target="1.5" so it is 1.5 compatible byte code. Rather it seems that is your class that is problematic:

 at com.tridium.sys.module.NModule.loadClass(NModule.java)

Re: Swiftmq amqp client download location

uvaraj
I checked the java version of the classes inside amqp.jar and swiftmq.jar. Please check below.
amqp.jar shows 50.0 (= J2SE 6.0 whihc is higher than 1.5)

Note:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_class_file
See the minor and major version's, 1.5 should be : J2SE 5.0 = 49 (0x31 hex) for the major version.

for  amqp.jar, the class file Version shows : 50.0
(used com.swiftmq.amqp.Writable.class to identify the version)
/*
        DECOMPILATION REPORT

        Decompiled from: C:\Uvaraj\work\Cloud\workspace\nbdconnector\ext\amqp.jar
        Total time: 959 ms
        Jad reported messages/errors:
The class file version is 50.0 (only 45.3, 46.0 and 47.0 are supported)
        Exit status: 0
        Caught exceptions:
*/

for  swiftmq.jar, the class file Version shows : 49.0
(used com.swiftmq.net.JSSESocketFactory.class to identify the version)
/*
        DECOMPILATION REPORT

        Decompiled from: C:\Uvaraj\work\Cloud\workspace\nbdconnector\ext\swiftmq.jar
        Total time: 234 ms
        Jad reported messages/errors:
The class file version is 49.0 (only 45.3, 46.0 and 47.0 are supported)
        Exit status: 0
        Caught exceptions:
*/

Re: Swiftmq amqp client download location

Sorry, you're right. I've checked the class version after compiling with -source 1.5 and -target 1.5 and it is 51.0 (compiled with JDK 1.7)! This was compiled with ant's javac task. It seems these parameters were not respected. After I've set the ant's default source/target properties, I got 49.0 classes.

Please download the amp.jar with version 49.0 from here and let me know if that works.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: Swiftmq amqp client download location

uvaraj
Thanks it works fine now. Thanks again for your help.