SwiftletException: Address already in use when restarting router - SwiftMq 9.6.0

SwiftletException: Address already in use when restarting router - SwiftMq 9.6.0

sanjan

Hi, I am getting this error, if I dont wait for about a minute before restarting the router after a shutdown,
This is in RHEL 5.5 with java 1.7.67

----
2014-09-09 11:29:21 SwiftMQ Router: us2appstage004, Started with pid: 6317
Booting SwiftMQ 9.6.0 Production ...
... startup: Trace Swiftlet
... startup: Log Swiftlet
... startup: Authentication Swiftlet
... startup: Threadpool Swiftlet
... startup: Timer Swiftlet
... startup: Network Swiftlet (NIO)
... startup: Store Swiftlet
... startup: Queue Manager Swiftlet
... startup: Topic Manager Swiftlet
... startup: Accounting Swiftlet
... startup: Management Swiftlet
... startup: XA Resource Manager Swiftlet
... startup: Routing Swiftlet (Unlimited Connections)
... startup: JNDI Swiftlet
... startup: JMS Swiftlet
com.swiftmq.swiftlet.SwiftletException: Address already in use
        at com.swiftmq.impl.jms.standard.JMSSwiftlet.b(Unknown Source)
        at com.swiftmq.impl.jms.standard.JMSSwiftlet.b(Unknown Source)
        at com.swiftmq.impl.jms.standard.JMSSwiftlet.startup(Unknown Source)
        at com.swiftmq.swiftlet.SwiftletManager.startUpSwiftlet(Unknown Source)
        at com.swiftmq.swiftlet.SwiftletManager.startKernelSwiftlet(Unknown Source)
        at com.swiftmq.swiftlet.SwiftletManager.startKernelSwiftlets(Unknown Source)
        at com.swiftmq.swiftlet.SwiftletManager.initSwiftlets(Unknown Source)
        at com.swiftmq.swiftlet.SwiftletManager.startRouter(Unknown Source)
        at com.swiftmq.Router.main(Unknown Source)
Exception during startup kernel swiftlet 'sys$jms': Address already in use

----
I checked for any listening ports or established connection with the previous process id of the router, using lsof command, but I could not find any.

This is not a big issue, as I can wait a while and startup the router. but I thought its worth letting you know.

Also note that I am running swiftMQ with AMQP disabled. ie: removed AMQP swiftlet config from routerconfig.xml file.

Re: SwiftletException: Address already in use when restarting router - SwiftMq 9.6.0

This is a matter of the TCP configuration of your OS. Actually, if you do a regular shutdown of the router (e.g. with cli "halt") then all socket listeners are properly closed and the listener should disappear. But I have seen rare cases where this did not happen. Anyhow, this is a TCP config issue, not a SwiftMQ one.