Quantcast

Strange JMS Bridge behaviour

TheQL
Hello,

just wanted to show you something which can't really be intended that way:

MQ_time_travel.png

You can see in the image that there is a JMS bridge connected that has no active bridging, no configuration and is connected since before the router was started. It does in fact survive a failover to the STANDBY node. I got rid of it by switching to STANDALONE and then halting the entire router, it was gone on restart. But I suppose this should not happen.

Re: Strange JMS Bridge behaviour

This is strange. Is there no configuration for this bridge at all? And has never been?

Re: Strange JMS Bridge behaviour

TheQL
Oh yes, there has. But it was deactivated some time ago and also deleted a few days ago. Anyway the active connection survived several failovers.

Re: Strange JMS Bridge behaviour

To which JMS was the connection configured? WMQ?

Re: Strange JMS Bridge behaviour

TheQL
Exactly!

Re: Strange JMS Bridge behaviour

Did you redeploy the JMS Bridge Swiftlet and then changed the config? In that case the change could not be replicated. There is a known problem which we will address soon.

Re: Strange JMS Bridge behaviour

TheQL
Sadly I can't remember. It was more than 2 months ago that I disabled the bridge, I can't recall the exact circumstances. I just noticed it yesterday as I made some other changes that there was this strange active connection hanging around.