Request of new features for SwiftMQ

sanjan
Hi,

I have a couple of feature requests.

1. Enable assignment of a time out parameter for wait router command.

example: wr router1 20
means: wait for availability of router1 for 20 seconds.

I know the Java API do support this. however I am using bash/perl scripts to execute some CLI commands in a more user friendly manner. And I want to confirm the availability of a given router in the Federated router network. So what I am currently doing is execute wr command through a cli script. and do a pkill on it after a sleep wait. I find it does not work every time.

2. Enable a maximum limit for move command that is based on a selector.

Example: move <SOURCEQUEUE> -queue
<DESTINATIONQUEUE>@<DESTINATIONROUTER> -selector <JMSPROPERTY>='<JMSPROERTYVALUE>' -maxlimit <MAX_NUMBER_OF_MESSAGES_TO_MOVE>

so for an example if there are 100 messages in a queue that matches a given property, and I set maxlimit to 50, only 50 of the matching messages will be moved.

This is kind of important for us in a production environment, as we occasionally need to move large amount of messages matching a property into multiple queues with smaller amount of messages.

Example: move 1 million messages to 2 other queues in 2 different routers with 500K on each.

Re: Request of new features for SwiftMQ

Thank you. We always appreciate those kind of feature requests! It will be available in our next release.

Re: Request of new features for SwiftMQ

These features have been added in SwiftMQ 9.7.1.