NullPointerException on adding JMS Bridging

NullPointerException on adding JMS Bridging

TheQL
I tried to add another direction to a previously existing JMS bridge. I disabled the bridge before I did that.

Result:
2014-08-19 14:13:41.845/xt$bridge/Schenker_SWORD_C2k/ERROR/onEntityAdd (bridgings): Exception creating bridging 'C2k_to_Tango-SWORD': java.lang.NullPointerException
2014-08-19 14:17:05.280/xt$bridge/Schenker_SWORD_C2k/ERROR/onEntityAdd (bridgings): Exception creating bridging 'C2k_to_Tango': java.lang.NullPointerException
2014-08-19 14:19:09.237/xt$bridge/Schenker_SWORD_C2k/ERROR/onEntityAdd (bridgings): Exception creating bridging 'C2k_to_Tango': java.lang.NullPointerException

I also tried to add it via the Watchdog
2014-08-19 14:20:09.567/xt$bridge/Schenker_SWORD_C2k/ERROR/onEntityAdd (bridgings): Exception creating bridging 'C2k_to_Tango': java.lang.NullPointerException
2014-08-19 14:20:09.567/SwiftletManager/ERROR/ConfigfileWatchdog/performTimeAction, got exception: onEntityAdd (bridgings): Exception creating bridging 'C2k_to_Tango': java.lang.NullPointerException

Same effect.

I restarted the router and it worked flawlessly.

Re: NullPointerException on adding JMS Bridging

Sounds like a bug. We'll check this. Thanks.

Re: NullPointerException on adding JMS Bridging

TheQL
This seems to have happened today on a router failover. One of several JMS bridges was "empty" no bridgings were defined. As I tried to add them via the watchdog the same exception occured.

Re: NullPointerException on adding JMS Bridging

Ok. For now avoid empty bridges. ;-)

Re: NullPointerException on adding JMS Bridging

I tried to add a "server" without any bridging and failover works.

  <swiftlet name="xt$bridge">
    <servers>
      <server name="test" enabled="true">
        <bridgings/>
        <objectfactory>
          <properties/>
        </objectfactory>
      </server>
    </servers>
  </swiftlet>

Can you please post the config snippet to reproduce the problem? Thanks.

Re: NullPointerException on adding JMS Bridging

TheQL
No, the problem was a different one. The bridge was not empty, it was after failover occured. So some time before the failure there was a sync error with the config. Trying to re-add the bridgeconfig via watchdog then brought up the null pointer exception I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Re: NullPointerException on adding JMS Bridging

TheQL
Got a new angle to this.

I usually tend to disable a JMS bridge (server) before adding new bridgings.

When I do that I receive the following error:
2015-02-25 13:23:21.138/xt$bridge/bridgename/ERROR/onEntityAdd (bridgings): Exception creating bridging 'Test1': java.lang.NullPointerException

If I enable the bridge server and then add a new bridging it works. I don't think that is very sensible, it should work both ways.