Multiple routers, same system with AMQP

musus
Hi -

I've searched the forum archive, but couldn't find an answer to this question..

I have a large environment where some systems are very large (30+gb of RAM).  In the interest of making use of a system so large, I'm running multiple SMQ instances on it.  Those systems are currently running SMQ v8.1.1 without AMQP.

When testing v9.7.3 with AMQP in our lab, if I startup more than one router on the same system, I get an 'address already listening' error, which I've narrowed down to the fact that port 5672 is already listening on router1.  I've examined sys$amqp/config.xml, and it appears port 5672 is inherited by all routers that run under that installation path.

Is there any way I can override this behavior so I can run multiple SMQ instances with AMQP on the same system (without having two completely separate installations with different kernel directories)?

Thanks,
Adam

Re: Multiple routers, same system with AMQP

Yes, but sys$amqp/config.xml is NOT the way to do it. Please leave that always untouched as it contains the meta config definitions.

If you want to run multiple instances AND would like to connect to every instance via AMQP, edit the routerconfig.xml and change the ports of the amqp listeners:

    <listeners>
      <listener name="amp" port="5674">
        <host-access-list/>
      </listener>
      <listener name="amqps" connection-template="ssl" port="5673">
        <host-access-list/>
      </listener>
    </listeners>

Or, if you don't want to use AMQP with a certain instance, just delete the AMQP listeners of that instance.

Re: Multiple routers, same system with AMQP

musus
Thanks!