Minimal client jars required for Lobster DataWizard

Minimal client jars required for Lobster DataWizard

TheQL
Hi,

this might be a stupid question and you might not even be able to answer it, but anyway, I'll give it a shot - maybe you have already gathered some experience in that specific matter.

We need the Lobster Datawizard (http://www.lobster.de/produkte/datawizard) to establish a client connection to SwiftMQ. Which are the minimum jars that are required to do that? Should swiftmq.jar suffice or do we need to provide additional jars? This probably depends on Lobster, which jars are already included, but I ask anyway, as the Lobster system is running at a customer of ours and I don't have direct access to it or its documentation.

Nevertheless Lobster has documentation to connect to Apache ActiveMQ which has been made available to me. I will take that as a template and try to make it fit it to SwiftMQ. I identified at least this passage,

<Call name="addJNDIProperty">
    <Arg>java.naming.factory.initial</Arg>
    <Arg>org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory</Arg>
</Call>
<Call name="addJNDIProperty">
    <Arg>java.naming.provider.url</Arg>
    <Arg>tcp://localhost:61616</Arg>

that will have to be changed to,

<Call name="addJNDIProperty">
    <Arg>java.naming.factory.initial</Arg>
    <Arg>com.swiftmq.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl</Arg>
</Call>
<Call name="addJNDIProperty">
    <Arg>java.naming.provider.url</Arg>
    <Arg>smqp://mqhost:4001/timeout=10000;reconnect=true;retrydelay=1000;maxretries=65535</Arg>

I assume.

I couldn't find any authentication example in the given .xml, so I believe I probably need to run the MQ server with authentication disabled. Apart from that I could not find any other specific classes being called that point towards ActiveMQ where I need to fill in the proper counterpart for SwiftMQ, does that seem reasonable or can't the above excerpt be enough to successfully connect to a SwiftMQ server?

Any help or hint in this matter will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Minimal client jars required for Lobster DataWizard

TheQL
Hi there,

just wanted to come back on this as we managed to get it running, with authentication enabled.
Putting swiftmq.jar into to the proper directory and configuring Lobster was quite straight forward and really is no SwiftMQ matter. SwiftMQ worked as intended, I was just not sure about our partner's ability to configure their own tool, which is why I asked for help, but they did somehow manage with our help and the help of their supplier.