Message delivery around connection loss

Morc
  Hi,

  I have a question to explain a possible application level problem we see. We have a topic to which many subscribers connect but there's only one publisher. This publisher sends out a message periodically to which subscribers react. Due to network problems some subscribers lose connectivity occasionally and do not receive the message. We have routers in HA, reconnection is enabled on the client side. The question is should the message be delivered when the client reconnects either due to the keepalive ticking down to 0 or other network related error or it's dropped because these messages are not durable and the client does not subscribe with a selector?

  Thanks,

  Morc

Re: Message delivery around connection loss

It depends. If the subscriber is a durable one, it gets the message after reconnect (except it is expired). A non-durable subscriber will not get the message when it is disconnected.