Exchange type in AMQP SwiftMQ

Tomasch
I am trying to achieve fanout message broadcast in SwiftMQ AMQP 1.0. I browsed through documentation, and couldn't find anything that would solve my problem.

I firstly thought it would be QoS, but from documentation I deduced it is bound with insurance of message delivery.

Would you give a hand on how to achieve that? Docs are not that robust and examples do not cover much more than sending transacted and non-transacted messages.

Re: Exchange type in AMQP SwiftMQ

A fanout exchange is actually pub/sub. In SwiftMQ with AMQP 1.0 (or JMS) you connect your consumers to a topic and the producer sends to that topic. All consumers (= subscribers) are getting a copy of the message.

More about pub/sub here.

Re: Exchange type in AMQP SwiftMQ

Tomasch
Sorry, for late response, been busy with more important things up to now. The problem was on program, which has both producer and consumer tasks. Switching those two with the places  solved the problem of delivery to only one consumer.

But then, switching them back to original order resulted in proper behaviour, as expected. I frankly do not know what helped with the situation, I did not change other things in that time.

Nevertheless the thread is closed, thank you for your answer.

Best regards,
Tom.