Config watchdog misses settings

TheQL
Hello, I just noticed that the config watchdog does not recognize changes in group permissions in the authentication swiftlet. I tried to bulk change a grant as we changed a queue name, but the changes were not picked up, had to perform them all in Explorer. Thanks for verifying!

Re: Config watchdog misses settings

Sorry for the late reply.

I've tested the watchdog and it works fine. It applies all changes. I've tested it with a bunch of topics and topic grants.

First I added them - ok.
Then I changed all topic names - ok.
Switched authentication-enabled="true" - ok.
Repeated the changes - ok.

The changes are applied in the lexical order of the Swiftlet and entity names. I assume that you have applied changes that were rejected from the corresponding Swiftlets. The watchdog just applies the changes to the management tree and the Swiftlets perform it.

For example, if you have a composite queue that have a queue binding to some queue which name you would like to change, watchdog first adds the new queue name to the binding of the clustered queue. The Queue Manager Swiftlet verifies if the queue exists. But it doesn't exists yet because the <queue> entity is added later because it is next in lexical order. So this will be rejected.

May be this happened? In that case just apply it in multiple steps. First the queues, then the queue bindings.

Please let me know. We are short in publishing 11.1.0 and I would like to solve that.

Re: Config watchdog misses settings

TheQL
No worries, this is not a huge deal.

But I was just able to verify that the watchdog never picked up my change to a group queue permission (SwiftMQ version 10.2.0). I waited several minutes, to no avail. Afterwards I renamed the name of a Javamal Bridge within the routerconfig.xml, that change worked fine. After saving the routerconfig from explorer my change to the permission went away.

I will show you the change I made:

$ diff routerconfig.xml routerconfig.xml.bla
<           <queue-grant name="xxx_something_DLQ" receive-grant="false"/>
---
>           <queue-grant name="xxx_something_DLQ" receive-grant="false" browse-grant="false"/>

Re: Config watchdog misses settings

Works fine here:

2018-06-06 12:57:18.618/SwiftletManager/INFORMATION/ConfigfileWatchdog/performTimeAction/applyPropertyChanges, context=/sys$authentication/groups/public/queue-grants, entity=testqueue, property=browse-grant, new value=false

Re: Config watchdog misses settings

TheQL
That's odd. I can try on a clean router. But don't wait for me with your next release, I'm looking forward to that, as I usually avoid .0 releases I am not yet on 11 ;)

Re: Config watchdog misses settings

May be a typo? Like

browsegrant="false"

or something. That is not picked up.

Stay tuned for 11.1.0!

Re: Config watchdog misses settings

TheQL
No, to avoid that being a possible case I also just removed a "false" grant-statement so it should have defaulted to true. Didn't work either.

Re: Config watchdog misses settings

I have tested that too and was able to see the change live in Explorer. Anyway, please try 11.1.0. That's what I have tested with. It's out right now.