Quantcast

Concurrent queue creation commands via JMX locks up an HA instance

Concurrent queue creation commands via JMX locks up an HA instance

Al_C
We have code that will create queues if they don't exist via JMX before creating a producer or consumer. When running SwiftMQ 9.2.6 we see that executing concurrent queue creation commands via JMX will completely wedge an HA configuration with the active instance staying up but otherwise unresponsive. Only a kill -9 would take down the active instance and trigger the fail over.

STR:

Execute concurrent new operations against the mbean

com.swiftmq.router1:type=sys$queuemanager, name1=queues

that all attempt to create a queue with the same name. For our tests we ran 5 concurrent commands which could regularly wedge the system.

Re: Concurrent queue creation commands via JMX locks up an HA instance

Thanks. Before I set up a test, could you please send me a thread dump (kill -3) when the instance locks up?

Re: Concurrent queue creation commands via JMX locks up an HA instance

Al_C
Sure! We're working on reproducing the issue now.