Authorization in SwiftMQ Explorer

ztuffaha
Can I set some Authorizations and roles for accessing the explorer utility? basically, I would like someone to monitor the queues through Explorer. However, I do not like them to view user passwords or change configurations.

It seems that the user can either have full admin privileges (to log into Explorer) or none (cannot log into Explorer).

I tried adding only browse permissions to swiftmqmgmt queue for the public group. In this case, the user was unable to log in.

Can we specify read only role and still use the explorer utility?

Re: Authorization in SwiftMQ Explorer

greenapple wrote
It seems that the user can either have full admin privileges (to log into Explorer) or none (cannot log into Explorer).
That's correct. Full admin or nothing via grants on queue swiftmqmgmt.

Re: Authorization in SwiftMQ Explorer

ztuffaha
Any suggestions regarding adding roles and monitoring queues using the SwiftMQ utilities without adding admin privileges?

Re: Authorization in SwiftMQ Explorer

No. The grants are on destinations and if someone has a grant on swiftmqmgmt, he can administer the router. The only thing you can add is a management password in the Mgmt Swiftlet. This can exclude particular routers of a network from administration. Look here.
Jay

Re: Authorization in SwiftMQ Explorer

Jay
I'm bumping this in hopes that some of the newer versions support this now.

Running SwiftMQ v8.1.2

Re: Authorization in SwiftMQ Explorer

SwiftMQ 9.7.0 support new Admin Roles that should fit your requirements.